Social Media – How to Be a Pinterest Superstar: Advice From a Mom-Blogging Virtuoso : MarketingProfs Article
We’ve shared how-to’s about Pinterest from a brand perspective, but its biggest users are women especially mums! who have a super-useful perspective on how to maximize this powerful visual network.
Here’s an abridged version of MomAdvice’s tips on becoming a Pinterest superstar.
(We highly recommend reading the full article because it includes more tips—and beautiful, easy-to-follow photo examples!)
Get visual. Pinterest is a visual way to bookmark and categorize the things you find online, adding a deeper element to your imagery: images draw users, and viewers will often click through to learn more (one reason why recipes are so popular).
The prettier the picture, the more Pins and Repins you’ll get—which lead to click-throughs to your content! So focus on developing your camera skills. There are plenty of photography tutorials out there.
Describe your images. Most Pinners don’t, but adding descriptive text can boost a Pin’s impact—and take it further. For example, an image of an iced drink is okay, but that image with the words “Salted Caramel Mocha” will compel clicks for the recipe or the story behind it!
- Social Media – Five Tips for Masterful Pinmanship on Pinterest
- How To Make Pinterest Part of Your Social Media Marketing Plan
- 64 Pinterest Marketing Tips and Tactics – Infographic
- Never Used Pinterest? This Post’s For YOU! | – Your Social Media Mogul : Your Social Media Mogul
- Pinterest Marketing 2.0 : The Site has Changed and So Should Your Strategies | 97th Floor: SEO, Viral Marketing & Social Media Blog